Scope and Prospects
Participants completing the Two Years Post Graduate Programme in Human Rights may find suitable openings in the following fields :
1. International Organisations including United Nations and its specialised bodies like UNHCR, UNESCO, OHCHR, UNFPA, UNICEF, WHO, ILO, UNIFEM, UNDCP etc.
2. International Bodies like US Aid, Amnesty International, Red Cross, CRY, CARE, Lutheran World Service, YMCA, YWCA, Ford Foundation, IDRC, JICA, NORAD, DANIDA, WFP, Action Aid, Oxfam etc.
3. Appointments in Corporate Houses and Multinational Organisations for implementing corporate social responsibility.
4. Social Service Organisations like Old Age Homes and Age Care Centres, NGOs working in the fields of Disabled and Handicapped, Orphans, Destitutes, Mentally Challenged, De-addiction etc.
5. Refugee related Organisations.
6. Self Employment and Entrepreneurial opportunities for establishing rural and urban counselling centres on Human Rights.
7. Establishing NGOs in the fields of Human Rights and Civil Liberties in general and human rights activism, disaster and emergency relief, humanitarian assistance, child, bonded labour, displaced people, drug abuse, conflict resolution, and public interest litigation in particular.
8. Re-employment opportunities for retiring and retired persons for implementing human rights standards and required legal aid, remedies and reforms.
9. Human Rights Consultancy Organisations run by Lawyers and Legal Experts.
Correctional Institutions working in the fields of Juvenile Delinquency, Child Abuse, Home for the Homeless etc.